Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Linda's Lines

Just thought a blog might be fun. Who knows...perhaps it will just help me think about my life and sleep better. Anyway, this blog will not be particularly polished, just random thoughts, maybe some poems, maybe a little wistfulness, a little wildness, a little wavering, a little wailing (metaphorically speaking), or perhaps a little whining since I DO love my soapbox. Anyway a catharsis for life in the twenty-first century, at least that's the plan.

Today was a wonderful spring day for the Midwest, unusually sunny and warm but unfortunately, I spent it working while wishing I were outside. Darn! [The w's seem to be taking over this post--it is entirely unintentional--and if you believe that....] Work is good, however, as I've been more or less unemployed, underemployed, or barely employed for the past 7 years. Yep! I have that 7-year itch for sure. My "profession" is editorial work--writing, editing, proofreading, or whatever else you like to call it. But my game is reading, so expect to read a lot about reading on this blog.